My current situation: Sitting on a plane in the last row, middle then aisle seat and back to middle seat depending on which kids needs something, constant use of the mom shhhhhhh!, and praying silently that my children will fall asleep. I made a HUGE mistake. I did not download any movies or shows for anybody to watch and I am surely paying for it as my kids are jumping up and down and signing happy birthday. Why don’t all planes have those little TVs on the backs of the seat yet? I mean, come on and help a sister out already.
Yup that’s right, it’s family vacation time and we are 2 hours in to our 6 hour flight to Maui. I know there is a light at the end of this traveling-with-kiddos tunnel, I just can’t see it yet.
We’ve been planning this Hawaii trip (with my whole fam) for months now and the day has finally arrived. You see, when I was 12 (I am now 37), my dad promised my brother and I that they would take us to Hawaii on vacation. Gone and went was my 12thyear on this earth and then went my teens, twenties and damn near my 30’s with no Hawaii trip in sight. I always gave my dad some loving guff because on many occasions (okay so maybe it was 2 or 3 times but still!) my mom and dad flew their cute little butts all the way to the Aloha state…without me. Rude. I had resolved the whole idea a long time ago so when my parents said they were taking us to Hawaii, the little 12 year old inside me did a back flip. Woop Woop, we are on our way!
I’ve been slowly prepping us to get ready for our trip. I’ve made lists and trips to multiple stores (did I mention that my husband and my daughter will be having their birthdays while we are there?), I’ve loaded us up on immune boosting what nots and I’m thinking we are pretty set. And because I am all into helping a sister out (unlike the airlines), I wanted to share how we prep and boost our immune system before trips, the start of school, and cold and flu season. Since school is starting in a mere 17 days, this will be a two for one for ya, you’re welcome :).
Flexing the immune system muscle:
Start all of this about 1-2 weeks prior to the occasion.
- Diffuse Onguard on the reg. Just fill up the diffuser, press start and let the good times roll. Repeat often and always (Especially while sleeping). Onguard works best when used prophylactically. Meaning it helps prevent sickness more effectively than it helps when you are already sick. Get the new petal diffuser here.
2. Take elderberry daily. We use Zarbee’s syrup but use whatever form of this delicious berry floats your boat. You can even get your Pinterest on and DIY your own.
3. Probiotics. A healthy gut means a strong immune system. We take these regularly but if you don’t, start them before your trip (or starting school). Want to try the most delicious probiotics you have ever come across? Try these. Not only will you love them, your kids will think you are giving them candy (score yourself some cool mom points :)).
4. Eat well. The hubs and I clean our diet even more and focus mostly on veggies and plant based protein. We up our water intake and relish in the feeling of being lighter on our feet. Many foods have pro and pre biotics, all which help support the immune system and make it super strong.
5. Apply Stronger down your kiddos spines and the bottoms of feet before leaving the house in the morning. I even use this oil on the whole fam, hubs and all. By applying Stronger before going to school or on the plane, it puts up a shield of protection from any environmental threats they may encounter.
So there you have it. 5 super easy ways to give you a little insurance on your health before a big trip. Please pray for me that I survive the last half of this plane ride with these children. I just had to tell my son to quit punching his sister and my daughter to quit throwing trash on the ground for the 783,243,828,432 time. Uggghhhh.
In good health,
We survived! We had a blast in Hawaii and wish we were still there. I even downloaded the entertainment app for Alaska Airlines for the flight back but didn’t need it because (drum roll please…), EZ slept the whole flight back!!! WOOP WOOP!!!