Welp 2020, you certainly have tested my stubbornness in staying positive.
***the whole world raises their hand***
It has been an incredible challenge over the past 6 months to stay in the light. I must say, I might have cracked a little over it all. I’ll always search for the purpose/meaning for everything that happens. I know that the universe is unfolding as it should and that everything happens for a reason…
BUT WHY THOUGH???
Some of the things that have happened are just down right difficult to accept. It’s fine, I’m fine, everything is fine…I’m also wondering, do I continue to talk about it? Do I ignore it and try to move on in my head? It feels a bit tone deaf to talk about other things right now, but is it? I don’t know, I guess I just need to honor where I am right now, in this moment, ya know?
2020 has brought tension into the tiny crevices in my mind, body, and spirit. It has pushed me so far out of my comfort zone that my root chakra is left feeling very…well…unrooted. I have been cranky and short and have not had the best patience with my kiddos (and, let’s be honest, with anyone living in my house). I’m trying though, I really am.
I’ve had to make some shifts in my own stress relieving routine because the usual seemed to need a boost, aka I needed to super charge what makes me feel good. I paid attention to the things that were causing me the most disEASE and I narrowed it down to three simple things I can do to reduce my stress right now.
3 Easy Things You Can Do Right Now to Reduce Your Stress.
- Turn off the news. I had to. Every day I was watching this thing unfold into a pathetic mess. I could feel my entire body tense up and it took an act of GOD to not carry that with me for the rest of the day. And if I am being real, that shizzz lingered with me all day. I know it is good to know what is going on in the world, I just don’t think my peace is worth any news right now.
- Log off of facebook. Definitely had to do this one too. I spent a good few hours at the beginning of quarantine cleaning out my friends list. I did another gigantic sweep after the BLM protests. Despite my best attempts to remove any toxic people from my view, someone always snuck in some how. Needless to say, facebook and I are taking a much needed break.
- Plant Medicine. Essential oils, tinctures, herbs, plants. That’s what this looks like for me. It can also look like sitting outside and watching the trees. Ever heard of forest bathing? It’s a thing. It can mean, watering and caring for your plants. It can mean taking a bath with flower petals. Whatever this means for you, harness the power of the plant. Plants carry a high vibration. Since everything is energy, bringing high vibrational things into your circle will automatically raise your vibration. Bad Stress=low vibration, Plants=high vibration, you get the idea.
That’s it. I said they would be easy and there you have it, easy…and worth it…because your sanity, peace, and wellness are a HUGE priority. And we just got word in California that we’ll be homeschooling again this fall so… I need all the help I can get, ya feel me?
In good health,
This Blog post has been graciously brought to you by RASA, my fave adaptogenic brewed drink. Right now you can get the limited edition SUPER HAPPY SUNSHINE JOY TONIC
“Bright, uplifting, tastes how a sunny day feels. Beguiling complexity with a subtle pepper flavor under a tinge of sunny lemon.”
– Lopa, CEO & Founder of Rasa
Super Happy Sunshine will help your system…
- Support neurotransmitters like serotonin & dopamine
- Access sustainable energy without a mood crash
- Slow down, feel your feelings, expand into a wider spectrum of joy
EXPAND INTO DEEPER JOY WITH ETHICALLY-SOURCED HERBS
Among a handful of powerhouse herbs, Super Happy Sunshine Joy Tonic features the bright yellow flowers of helichrysum, sunny lemon balm, and the ethically-sourced succulent sceletium. They acquire their sceletium through a supplier that ensures the South African Sān tribes are formally recognized & honored through a revenue sharing agreement. Sceletium has been traditionally used to help Sān warriors returning from battle to release the fear and tension carried from the battlefield. I can’t think of a better time than now to fill ourselves up with more joy. Use Code NIKKI for 15% off 🙂
*In text image from Pinterest