I’m just climbing out of the wonderful exhaustion that is the dōTERRA Convention. I go every year. I soak it all in every year and I’m completely exhausted after it every year. The amount of information that is presented and the amount of energy that is flowing through that venue, fills me up to the very tip-top brim. I am so grateful for that damn convention, I am so grateful for my team, and I am so beyond grateful for this ahhhhmazing company. To see more education, info, and new products, visit me on instagram @nikki_glo.
Yesterday, I was useless. besides doing the dishes and making dinner for my family, I did nada. I needed a day to rest. Most of the time when I am needing to rest, I either feel guilty for doing nothing or I ignore my body completely and keep it pushing. Yesterday? I had no choice-I was spent. So instead of feeling guilt for listening to my body, I embraced it-and you know what? I survived and so did everyone else.
I know you need a day like that too. I know you are spent from the piles of laundry, the sink full of dishes, the tears, the whines, the everythings. I also know that a full day of nothingness is not likely possible. Even a 2 minute recharge in the middle of your day can help! Trust me, I take a handful of 2 minute breaks and it helps make the day more doable. So I am sharing with you 5 simple ways to take care of yourself.
5 Simple Ways to Take Care of Yourself
- Mini Meditative Moment. Or the the triple M is when you pick a dōTERRA essential oil, place a drop or two in your palms, rub you hands together, cup over your nose , and inhale all of the goodness. Inhale/Exhale 3-5 times and then rub the excess on the back of your neck. Take this 2 minutes to recharge and trust me, it helps. My faves to do this with are wild orange and peppermint, lavender, balance, Adaptiv.
- Take 5 minutes at the end of the night to turn down your bed and prepare your room for sleep. So often I rush into bed without winding down first. By turning down the lights, turning down your bed and spraying some lavender/eucalyptus on your sheets, you shift your mind from a masculine to a feminine energy that supports rest.
- Drink a full glass of water! A lot of the times when you are feeling run down, you are actually dehydrated. Fill up your glass, add a drop of wild orange and make your cells do a rehydrated happy dance.
- Take a warm shower or bath. Nothing cleanses the soul like being submerged in warm water. Spray your shower down with some eucalyptus oil and breathe in the restoration.
- Stretch! Get your blood flowing through your veins by getting your stretch on. Chances are, you haven’t stretched today and your body could use some help. Getting your blood flowing will bring newly oxygenated blood into you organs which can breathe new life in to you. Oils that support stretching: Marjoram, Deep blue, Lemon Grass, Black Spruce.
Easy enough, right? Squeeze one of these in today and show yourself some love, you deserve it:).
In good health,